Can AI Give Ethical Advice? A Conversation w/ Wharton Prof. Christian Terwiesch and Lennart Meincke
Christian Terwiesch, co-director of the Mack Institute and Wharton Professor of Operations, Information, and Decisions, along with Lennart Meincke, joins host Dan Loney on Wharton Business Daily to discuss their new white paper, “Can AI Provide Ethical Advice?” The paper details an experiment in which advice from New York Times columnist Dr. Kwame Anthony Appiah was compared with advice generated by ChatGPT. In this interview, Meincke and Professor Terwiesch examine the results of this experiment and question whether artificial intelligence can provide ethical advice on personal and professional matters.
#ai #chatgpt #artificialintelligence #ethics
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is committed to sharing its intellectual capital through Knowledge at Wharton, the school’s online business analysis journal.
Launched in 1999, Knowledge at Wharton offers free access to:
– Articles, podcasts, and videos highlighting Wharton faculty research and analysis of current business trends
– Interviews with book authors from Wharton School Press
– In-depth series of curated content like Wharton Executive Education’s Nano Tools for Leaders
– A searchable database of more than 10,000 articles covering all aspects of business
– A weekly newsletter that delivers Knowledge at Wharton insights directly to your inbox
Visit the Knowledge at Wharton homepage: https://whr.tn/3qUpSBE
Subscribe to the Knowledge at Wharton YouTube channel: https://whr.tn/3DEAgAU