Is it Time to Scale Your Business? Wharton Professor Gad Allon on Navigating Scale and Profit
Gad Allon, Wharton Professor of Operations, Information, and Decisions, joins host Dan Loney on Wharton Business Daily to discuss the relationship between a company’s scale and its profit. After observing the success of tech giants like Amazon, many now perceive a direct correlation between a larger scale and increased profit. In this interview, Allon explores the concealed risks of scaling, such as the challenges of maintaining employee culture and satisfaction, as well as the advantages of staying small.
Gad Allon is the Academic Director of the Wharton Executive Education Scaling Business for Profitable Growth program running November 12-16th at Wharton’s San Francisco campus.
Wharton Business Daily airs Monday-Friday from 10 AM – 12 PM ET on SiriusXM Channel 132, featuring emerging trends, top business leaders & Wharton’s renowned professors. Learn more: http://whr.tn/businessdaily
#business #businessgrowth #profitability #scale
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is committed to sharing its intellectual capital through Knowledge at Wharton, the school’s online business analysis journal.
Launched in 1999, Knowledge at Wharton offers free access to:
– Articles, podcasts, and videos highlighting Wharton faculty research and analysis of current business trends
– Interviews with book authors from Wharton School Press
– In-depth series of curated content like Wharton Executive Education’s Nano Tools for Leaders
– A searchable database of more than 10,000 articles covering all aspects of business
– A weekly newsletter that delivers Knowledge at Wharton insights directly to your inbox
Visit the Knowledge at Wharton homepage: https://whr.tn/3qUpSBE
Subscribe to the Knowledge at Wharton YouTube channel: https://whr.tn/3DEAgAU