Why Choosing the Right Leader Matters with Wharton Professor Michael Useem
In a special interview with Dean Erika James, Professor Mike Useem dives into the history of Wharton’s innovative leadership curriculum and his part in shaping it.
When Professor Emeritus of Management Michael Useem was told to build a leadership course from the ground up at Wharton, he had to become an expert on the subject first. Through decades of in-depth research and developing innovative learning opportunities, Useem has done just that. Today, he is an award-winning teacher, a consultant for companies across the globe on leadership development and governance, and is the author of multiple books, including The Leader’s Checklist. In this insightful conversation with Wharton Dean Erika James, Useem discusses his unique journey through academia and why leadership skills are critical for all ages.
The talk is part of the series, “What I’ve Learned,” which puts the spotlight on Wharton faculty who have made a lasting impact on their fields. Watch the video for the full conversation.
#shorts #wharton #leadership #management
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is committed to sharing its intellectual capital through Knowledge at Wharton, the school’s online business analysis journal.
Launched in 1999, Knowledge at Wharton offers free access to:
– Articles, podcasts, and videos highlighting Wharton faculty research and analysis of current business trends
– Interviews with book authors from Wharton School Press
– In-depth series of curated content like Wharton Executive Education’s Nano Tools for Leaders
– A searchable database of more than 10,000 articles covering all aspects of business
– A weekly newsletter that delivers Knowledge at Wharton insights directly to your inbox
Visit the Knowledge at Wharton homepage: https://whr.tn/3qUpSBE
Subscribe to the Knowledge at Wharton YouTube channel: https://whr.tn/3DEAgAU